Email Polling and Retrigger Functionality

Hi All,

I have a scenario like I have to send an email from Appian to the Users (users who has a specified mail box) and I am looking for the following functionalities

1.Acknowledgment message from the end point or from the mail box that the message has been delivered back to Appian.

2.If the Mail is not delivered, then it should try retriggering it until the success message is received. I know that this can be handled in Appian if and only if we are knowing how can we get the point 1 sorted.

TIA :)

Harsha

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Harsha -

In a manner of speaking, It sounds like you have a need for synchronous communication, .
    Email, by definition, is asynchronous.
    This is not a deficiency in Appian. An Appian designer may not be able to control or prescribe the behavior of all the systems and operations associated with the receipt of the email or a confirmation response..

If your use case involves communication with Appian users, why not use tasks?
    Tasks give you the assurance that the message (the task, with or without a notification email) is delivered, and you can prescribe precisely what is the expected behavior from the user, as well as how you'd like Appian to behave if the user doesn't act in a timely fashion.
  • Thanks for the reply Rob,

If I might tweak my question little bit and ask like, in Appian cloud we can send an email(def yes we can do) as well as receive the email? if so can it be to the same Mail box for the mail I have sent ?
Reply Children