Hi, I am using "MS word 2007 doc to Template" smart service

Hi,

I am using "MS word 2007 doc to Template" smart service to generate the report. I have large number of ###key### in the template. Everything works fine.

But when I make some changes in the template and upload it again, it removes the most of the mappings done previously. I has to do it again and again each time I update the template.

e.g. Even if I modify the alignment of the text and upload the new version of the document, and when I go back to that node and rescan the template, some of the mappings will be lost. (If I run the process model without rescanning or updating the new template in that node, generated report does not replace the ###key### values.

Please advice....

OriginalPostID-81495

OriginalPostID-81495

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Make sure that you have your spell checking and grammar checking options turned off when you update the files. Also, you'll need to examine your updated templates to ensure that there aren't any partial elements appearing within any of the merge fields. Do this by changing the file format from docx to zip, and opening the document.xml file. For example: the following XML won't work, due to the </w:r> close tag being inside the merge field. <w:rFonts w:ascii="Helvetica" w:hAnsi="Helvetica" w:cs="Helvetica"/><w:t>###</w:t></w:r><w:t> VARIABLE<w:t>###</w:t>
  • Make sure that you have your spell checking and grammar checking options turned off when you update the files. Also, you'll need to examine your updated templates to ensure that there aren't any partial elements appearing within any of the merge fields. Do this by changing the file format from docx to zip, and opening the document.xml file. For example: the following XML won't work, due to the </w:r> close tag being inside the merge field. <w:rFonts w:ascii="Helvetica" w:hAnsi="Helvetica" w:cs="Helvetica"/><w:t>###</w:t></w:r><w:t> VARIABLE<w:t>###</w:t>
Children
No Data