email configuration

Certified Lead Developer

hi all
i am having a scenario, as a part of my requirement i need to send an alert through email smart service. its a user group consists of 1000 members. It not a best practice to send 1000 mail at a time, so i use MNI to split the 1000 mails into 100 mails per instance. is it possible to run it in a single instance rather than to use 10 instance.
regards,
srinivas

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Srinivas,
    You can send all the emails in one instance, though sending too many can break the node. I'm not sure the exact number where it breaks but I have sent a few hundred in one instance without any issues. In the end I set the batch size to 100 myself.

Emails sent to that many recipients should probably be BCCed, so what is the issue with using multiple instances?
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Srinivas,
    You can send all the emails in one instance, though sending too many can break the node. I'm not sure the exact number where it breaks but I have sent a few hundred in one instance without any issues. In the end I set the batch size to 100 myself.

Emails sent to that many recipients should probably be BCCed, so what is the issue with using multiple instances?
Children