How to find the root cause for slow record lists?

Hi 

We have couple of entity backed records based on one table. Record lists are very slow, it takes around 10 seconds to load. 

I cross verified the table performance and i tried a!queryEntity() and query rule with the entity. Everything looks very good and they returning the resultset in 50 ms. 

But, record lists are very slow. Records consists 30-40 Related Actions. Does it effect? 

Please let me know your thoughts, in finding the root cause ?

Thanks

Rahul Gundu

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Rahul, as per my understanding, Related Actions will be loaded only when you click on Related Action tab/views or record view (if related actions are configured to show on these views).

So when record gets loaded, following activities will performed:

1. Query number of rows as per configured batch size
    2. Execute default filter for each one of the rows
    3. Load the user filter (does not filter the rows on load)
    3. Check for security privileges

In your case, as you are saying that, the db returns the result in 50 ms then I believe you need to have a look on your default filters , because if you are performing some complex logic then it's obvious to decrease the performance.

If default filters are the root cause behind slowness, then I recommend create a view based on these pre filtering conditions to avoid default filters (if possible in your use case)
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Rahul, as per my understanding, Related Actions will be loaded only when you click on Related Action tab/views or record view (if related actions are configured to show on these views).

So when record gets loaded, following activities will performed:

1. Query number of rows as per configured batch size
    2. Execute default filter for each one of the rows
    3. Load the user filter (does not filter the rows on load)
    3. Check for security privileges

In your case, as you are saying that, the db returns the result in 50 ms then I believe you need to have a look on your default filters , because if you are performing some complex logic then it's obvious to decrease the performance.

If default filters are the root cause behind slowness, then I recommend create a view based on these pre filtering conditions to avoid default filters (if possible in your use case)
Children