Local Install Windows - JBoss error - Caused by: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not find datasource Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: java:jdbc/AppianDS

Certified Lead Developer

I have tried everything I can possibly think of all day every day for a week.  NOTHING has worked.

The datasource is set up correctly.  I'm loggin in to MySQL right now.  I'm not using the wrong name for the schema.  I don't have the wrong password.  I used command prompt to log into MySQL instance to confirm.

I've altered and redeployed custom.properties a million times.

conf.data.APPIAN_DATA_SOURCE=java:jdbc/AppianDS

conf.data.APPIAN_DATA_SOURCE=jdbc/AppianDS

conf.data.APPIAN_DATA_SOURCE=appian_schema

conf.data.APPIAN_DATA_SOURCE=jdbc/appian_schema

I've tried all of these and made sure appian-mysql-ds.xml.dev matches every time.  EVERYTHING causes a NameNotFoundException.

I know it's not my licenses because I've already updated them once.

I updated standalone.xml EXACTLY the way the Configuring Relational Databases told me to.  Look!

I know it's not my FQDN because I've changed it 3 different times.  My computer name, "localhost", and '127.0.0.1" do nothing.

And I've already checked several times to make sure my mysql connector jar is in the right place.

Someone please come up with something I haven't tried.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I renamed the folder and started the instructions from scratch. The problem was the mysql connector jar which didn't have a -bin in my case. For some reason I couldn't begin to understand I renamed the file rather than adjusting the path in module.xml

Now I have an entirely new error that supposedly only comes from upgrading Appian.

Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.appiancorp.cache.CacheManager

From all I've seen it's something to do with my web.xml. The only changes I've made so far to the OTB web.xml is commenting out the lines dealing with cookies. When that didn't work, I tried deleting the lines, and the error continues.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis
    Any thoughts on why the Error log says this:

13:29:31,941 ERROR [stderr] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 29) Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.

Even when appian-mysql-ds.xml says this:

<driver>com.mysql.cj.jdbc</driver>
    or
    <driver>com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver</driver>

I've done what it's asked me to do. Why isn't it responding to the code I've clearly changed? Where is it getting this nonsense about 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver from? That's not what I wrote. Is it pulling that as the driver from some other file?
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis
    This entire time the error was that I was using the newest version of the MySQL Java Connector. Don't do it. Use 5.1.46.
  • David,
    I am facing the same issue now.
    I have replaced the Java connector from 8.* to 5.1.46.

But Still I am seeing the above issue. Can you let me know the steps you have followed to solve this issue?
Reply Children
No Data