User task list in Designer - replacement for 18.1

Hi,

Since upgrading to Appian 18.1, the /designer ("Runtime Data") interface has had the Users tab removed. One nice feature of this tab in 17.4 was the ability to be able to lookup all tasks currently assigned to the user, which would then allow task reassignment. Our support team were making use of this feature.

I know that the new Users filter in the Designer interface in 18.1 allows you to easily find users along with their attributes and group membership, but it doesn't have their current tasks.

Is there an out-of-the-box replacement for this function in 18.1?

Mike

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Mike,

That view was backed by the out-of-the-box "Tasks for User" system process report. No need to make a new task report or anything for this - just search for the "Tasks for User" process report in the Objects view in Appian Designer. When you open it, you can click the Edit link to change which user it reports on. Your support team can use this to achieve the same functionality they had in the People tab in /designer.

Does your support team normally need to only view one (or a small number) of these reports at a time? How often do they do this? We are always looking at ways to improve the flows in Appian so I'd appreciate the feedback!

Thanks!
  • Thanks for your reply, Kevin.

I did manage to find a task report that would enable the same information to be accessed, so I agree that the functionality is the same. However, it is a little more difficult to find and execute when it's not exposed with a "non-dev" UI on the Designer / Runtime Data interface. Can this be easily enabled?

The organisation I'm working in has a workforce which is reasonably transient and people's roles are changing, so it is fairly common for the support team to receive requests to reassign tasks from one user to another. The support team is not in the habit of looking for and running process/task reports, so asking them to do this this could be intimidating.

In answer to your questions: Yes, usually we'd need to view only one or two of these reports at a time. I think the report would be run at least daily, sometimes many times a day.

Thanks,
    Mike

• Hi Mike,

Just wanted to follow up and let you know that in Appian 18.3 we released the ability to link to the report of a user's tasks directly from their User Properties dialog (available in Appian Designer and the Admin Console).

Reply Children
No Data