Creating Calendar for Timesheet

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

I need to create an interface for timesheet entry.  In the interface when I select the month and year the calendar for that month should be displayed in a grid with days (1, 2 ,3 etc) as links so that I can click the link to enter the number of hours worked on that day.  How can I acheive this?  I need to create this interface in 18.1 version.  Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Brinda,

for this requirement when user selects the month and the year you can get the starting day of the month by weekday function which returns the weekday for that day and u can form the list of dictionary with key value pair as {Monday:"",Tuesday:1,Wednesday:2,.....}.
    now you can display it in the grid and for each date give a link and display a section to enter the no. of hours worked.and store this data.
    Later on you can save this in DB.

Regards,
    Rajat Saxena
  • Hi Brinda,

for this requirement when user selects the month and the year you can get the starting day of the month by weekday function which returns the weekday for that day and u can form the list of dictionary with key value pair as {Monday:"",Tuesday:1,Wednesday:2,.....}.
    now you can display it in the grid and for each date give a link and display a section to enter the no. of hours worked.and store this data.
    Later on you can save this in DB.

Regards,
    Rajat Saxena
Children
No Data