Jboss Error appian 18.1, JBAS014777: Services which failed to start: service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite

HI im installing appian 18.1 for a local machine with windows 10.

My jboss dont start i got the message error:  JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start: service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite

i have installed:

• mysql 5.7
  • jdk 1.8.0_172
  • workbench 6.3 CE
  • jboss 6.4
  • Mysql Connector/j Driver 5.1.46-bin.jar
  • My dataBases are: appian_schema and business_schema

My server.log is this.

7206.server.log

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Jonga

Hi Jonga,

It looks like Your DB Connection is successful. But  during execution one of the migration scripts is not successful:

18:47:41,405 INFO  [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 121)      Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Error executing SQL UPDATE `DATABASECHANGELOG` SET `TAG` = '6.6.1.0' WHERE DATEEXECUTED = (SELECT MAX(DATEEXECUTED) FROM (SELECT DATEEXECUTED FROM `DATABASECHANGELOG`) AS X): You can't specify target table 'DATABASECHANGELOG' for update in FROM clause:

18:47:41,408 INFO  [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 121)           Caused By: Error executing SQL UPDATE `DATABASECHANGELOG` SET `TAG` = '6.6.1.0' WHERE DATEEXECUTED = (SELECT MAX(DATEEXECUTED) FROM (SELECT DATEEXECUTED FROM `DATABASECHANGELOG`) AS X): You can't specify target table 'DATABASECHANGELOG' for update in FROM clause:

Please refer to the below links:

https://community.appian.com/support/w/kb/293/kb-1068-error-executing-sql-update-java-sql-sqlexception-you-can-t-specify-target-table-x-for-update-in-from-clause-error-thrown-during-application-server-startup

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45494/mysql-error-1093-cant-specify-target-table-for-update-in-from-clause

Also, after making the necessary changes make sure below is correct before starting the jboss as suggested by Benhail

Verify that the following file exists and does not have the extensions .undeployed, .isdeploying or .failed:
    <APPIAN_HOME>\_admin\_scripts\configure\templates\ear\suite.ear.dodeploy

Delete the following file if it has the extensions .undeployed, .isdeploying or .failed:
    <JBOSS_HOME>\standalone\deployments\appian-mysql-ds.xml.deployed

• thanks i do that but still the same error can someone help me with remote desktop???
  • "{
        \"JBAS014671: Failed services\" => {\"jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite\" => \"org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in anonymous service: JBAS018040: Failed to start context
        Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in anonymous service: JBAS018040: Failed to start context\"},
        \"JBAS014771: Services with missing/unavailable dependencies\" => [
            \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean]\",
            \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean]\",
            \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean]\",
            \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean]\",
            \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean]\",
            \"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"email-handler.jar\\\".INSTALL is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
            \"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".INSTALL is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"unattended-request-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
            \"jboss.deployment.unit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".deploymentCompleteService is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"email-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService, jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService, jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"unattended-request-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
            \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean]\"
        ]
    }"

this is my suite.ear.failed does this help??

• Does this error is for default or i have to fix something???

14:29:22,695 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 91) Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.security.web.DefaultSecurityFilterChain#48': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'mobileClientValidationFilter' while setting constructor argument with key [0]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'mobileClientValidationFilter' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-05-web-api.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'httpBasicAuthenticationEntryPoint' while setting constructor argument; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'httpBasicAuthenticationEntryPoint' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/conf/security/spring-security-05-web-api.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.appiancorp.security.auth.HttpBasicAuthenticationEntryPoint]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: [jdbc/AppianDS] Error during schema migration.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Jonga
    Jonga,

Can you try the below and share your server.log?
    1. Stop the JBOSS
    2. Delete the server.log file or Rename it to server.log.001 in JBOSS so that JBOSS will create a new log file on start-tup.
    <JBOSS_HOME>\standalone\log\
    3. Verify that the following file exists and does not have the extensions .undeployed, .isdeploying or .failed:
    <APPIAN_HOME>\_admin\_scripts\configure\templates\ear\suite.ear.dodeploy
    4. Delete the following file if it has the extensions .undeployed, .isdeploying or .failed:
    <JBOSS_HOME>\standalone\deployments\appian-mysql-ds.xml.deployed
    5. Start JBOSS
    6. Attach the newly created server.log file if there are any issues.
  • +1
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to Jonga

It still says a DB Error Buddy, Can I have access (RDP or Teamviewer) and solve your issue?

Sorry was kinda busy and wasn't been able to login to the community

• Hi Jonga ,

The Jboss EAP which version you are using , Like 6.4.0 OR 6.4.1?

In System Requirement they mentioned Minimum JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4 (6.4.14 or later).

Please check the System Requirements , AFAIK May be this one also cause an issue.

• I am also working same local installation but i am facing different issue.

In My Primary Data Base all predefined table created but always appian-mysql-ds.xml is failing.

Below one is the log error.

ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014612: Operation ("deploy") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "appian-mysql-ds.xml")]) - failure description: {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"appian-mysql-ds.xml\".FIRST_MODULE_USE" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"appian-mysql-ds.xml\".FIRST_MODULE_USE: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase FIRST_MODULE_USE of deployment \"appian-mysql-ds.xml\"

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: JBAS010464: Exception deploying datasource java:/jdbc/AppianPrimary

Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service jboss.data-source.java:/jdbc/AppianPrimary is already registered"}}

07:00:56,074 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 30) JBAS015859: Deployed "appian-mysql-ds.xml" (runtime-name : "appian-mysql-ds.xml")

07:00:56,080 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 30) JBAS015859: Deployed "suite.ear" (runtime-name : "suite.ear")

07:00:56,103 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.deployment.unit."appian-mysql-ds.xml".FIRST_MODULE_USE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."appian-mysql-ds.xml".FIRST_MODULE_USE: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase FIRST_MODULE_USE of deployment "appian-mysql-ds.xml" .

Reply Children
No Data