Check-In

I'm trying to create a check-in process to allow users to press a button to check-in. I'm new to Appian and i'm not sure how to go about this. So far what I have is a Meeting record displaying all the details about the meeting, including a user group picker field for attendees. Now what I am trying to do is configure a button that a logged in user can press so that that user can be added to the Attendees field in my meeting record

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello Isiomam,

if you just have to write to the database you can use Umeshp suggestion which will do the job, but the drawback is that this might impact the traceability of your information.

I personally prefer taking other options which give us more control over what is happening with the data and you can take decisions over the process with gateways and so.
    If you can give more context about your use case we might have a better solution but meanwhile here are the options I can think of
    * A related action which can start a process which does the actual "check-in"
    * a simple navigation from a user Interface to another maybe a start form.
    * startProcessLink you can start a process and create the navigation into the process.
    * startProcess you can start a process asynchronously.

Jose
  • Hello Isiomam,

if you just have to write to the database you can use Umeshp suggestion which will do the job, but the drawback is that this might impact the traceability of your information.

I personally prefer taking other options which give us more control over what is happening with the data and you can take decisions over the process with gateways and so.
    If you can give more context about your use case we might have a better solution but meanwhile here are the options I can think of
    * A related action which can start a process which does the actual "check-in"
    * a simple navigation from a user Interface to another maybe a start form.
    * startProcessLink you can start a process and create the navigation into the process.
    * startProcess you can start a process asynchronously.

Jose
Children
No Data