Error: "There was a problem retrieving the task. This task is in an invalid state." when trying to complete a task

When user (even with Admin account) trying to complete a task or when admin trying to 'view form' from the process modeler, the message "There was a problem retrieving the task. This task is in an invalid state." appears. I tried to skip the problematic node but still getting the same error on the following one. Tried restarting the sub-process but same error happens.

Does enayone know where this error is coming from and /or how to solve it?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    This may be an old thread, but I had this same issue and we were able to find a resolution so I wanted to leave this here in case someone else ran into this error.

In our case, the process was 2 years old, and the user who originally started the process had his account deactivated when he left, resulting in the tasks being in an "invalid state". Our solution was: 1. Reactivate the user 2. Remove the user from any group except the Application users group. 3. Deactivate the user again. After we did this, we were able to access the task again.
    Certified Lead Developer
    This may be an old thread, but I had this same issue and we were able to find a resolution so I wanted to leave this here in case someone else ran into this error.

In our case, the process was 2 years old, and the user who originally started the process had his account deactivated when he left, resulting in the tasks being in an "invalid state". Our solution was: 1. Reactivate the user 2. Remove the user from any group except the Application users group. 3. Deactivate the user again. After we did this, we were able to access the task again.
Children
No Data