What is difference between Start Process Smart Service and Subprocess?

When to use subprocess and when to Start Process smart service?

I have a question that if we can start a process asynchronously using sub process then why there is a need of start process smart service ? 

As start process smart service starts a process asynchronously which can be achieved by sub process also

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Dipti,

In my view :

start process smart service is asynchronous process so whenever want to trigger/start any process on certain condition and parent process not require to pause/wait to complete the other process. In this we can not inherit the security from the parent process.we can not take any data from child/other process back to parent/caller process model.

In the case of sub-process, we can make child process synchronous and apply chaining as well. Apart from this we can inherit the security from parent process to child process and take back some data from child process to parent process.

you can easily get the documentation in appian. Hope this may help you.

Regards
    Abhay
  • Hi Dipti,

In my view :

start process smart service is asynchronous process so whenever want to trigger/start any process on certain condition and parent process not require to pause/wait to complete the other process. In this we can not inherit the security from the parent process.we can not take any data from child/other process back to parent/caller process model.

In the case of sub-process, we can make child process synchronous and apply chaining as well. Apart from this we can inherit the security from parent process to child process and take back some data from child process to parent process.

you can easily get the documentation in appian. Hope this may help you.

Regards
    Abhay
Children
No Data