Avoid concurrent updates from Related action

Hi,

Please suggest different and effective ways through which I can avoid multiple users accessing same related action to update records .

Thanks

Namrata

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    The one technique I've seen used successfully is to include a database column, i.e. "isLocked" (boolean), which gets set to TRUE as soon as a user initiates a particular related action, and the same gets set back to FALSE when the related action is concluded or timed out. And if any user attempts to start the related action while the "locked" value is true, they're diverted away, perhaps to a task telling them that this record is locked.
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    The one technique I've seen used successfully is to include a database column, i.e. "isLocked" (boolean), which gets set to TRUE as soon as a user initiates a particular related action, and the same gets set back to FALSE when the related action is concluded or timed out. And if any user attempts to start the related action while the "locked" value is true, they're diverted away, perhaps to a task telling them that this record is locked.
Children
No Data