Avoid concurrent updates from Related action

Hi,

Please suggest different and effective ways through which I can avoid multiple users accessing same related action to update records .

Thanks

Namrata

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Namrata,

We can also do it in the following way for safe retrieval. Along with flag we can also have who has locked the data. For instance if user A has already locked and he did not attend the task for a week then user B wants to update same data during that week it may create a problem. So for this we can have user name who have locked it then User B will notify User A that he wants to update the record so please release the lock. If the user A is not responding for some time then we can have another Related Action called Release the Lock. This new related action can only be shown when the user A has locked it for respected amount of time. I know it's big work around but this may help user to take any action based on the critical situations.
  • Hi Namrata,

We can also do it in the following way for safe retrieval. Along with flag we can also have who has locked the data. For instance if user A has already locked and he did not attend the task for a week then user B wants to update same data during that week it may create a problem. So for this we can have user name who have locked it then User B will notify User A that he wants to update the record so please release the lock. If the user A is not responding for some time then we can have another Related Action called Release the Lock. This new related action can only be shown when the user A has locked it for respected amount of time. I know it's big work around but this may help user to take any action based on the critical situations.
Children
No Data