Is there a way to avoid activity chaining?

Certified Associate Developer

Hello,

I created an application where the number of nodes existing between 2 user interface form has more than 50 activity chaining associated, Due to which its getting break and the user is not able to see the second form instead from their Task tab. I know it should not exceed more than 50 but i don't have any control over it as it include couple of subprocesse as well. Is there a way to get rid of this problem? Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Vivek,

Couple of option you can try :

1. Merging multiple script tasks operations by using input and output tabs. Getting the data in input and using ac variables to update the process variables in output
    2. Creation of custom expression rules so as to perform multiple operations like getting the data from db, modifying data etc and return the final result.
    3. As suggested by rommels, try to fetch data in form itself rather then using script tasks.
    4. Not sure what exactly you are doing , but if you are getting data from multiple tables and performing operations over them, you can go for a database view and get only relevant data with desired operation
  • Hi Vivek,

Couple of option you can try :

1. Merging multiple script tasks operations by using input and output tabs. Getting the data in input and using ac variables to update the process variables in output
    2. Creation of custom expression rules so as to perform multiple operations like getting the data from db, modifying data etc and return the final result.
    3. As suggested by rommels, try to fetch data in form itself rather then using script tasks.
    4. Not sure what exactly you are doing , but if you are getting data from multiple tables and performing operations over them, you can go for a database view and get only relevant data with desired operation
Children
No Data