Adding a user to multiple groups

Hi,

1)I want to add  a user to multiple groups.Is there any way I can add at a time rather than adding the user each time to the particular group?

2)Is there any way I can replicate a user i.e., creating new user and adding all the groups that existing user belong?

Regards

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi,
    One approach you could take is to create a utility where you can select groups you want to add the user to, and then build the process to run the 'Add Group Members' smart service as MNI for each group selected.
    Similarly, you could create a utility to 'clone' a user and their groups.

This would be beneficial if you need to repeatedly perform these actions, otherwise there doesn't seem to be a smart service to perform the actions you require.

• 1. You can use the "Add Group Members" smart service, and simply iterate over the node using MNI for each group within a list (say, pv!groupList)

2. You can use the function getGroupsForMemberUser() to get all of the groups for the user you want to replicate, and then pass the resulting list into your pv!groupList in step #1

I'm sure there are many ways to accomplish this, but this is one that should work relatively easily.