Stop Appian strips leading 000's

I have a requirement to display a numeric sequence in a form of a specific lenght.

The sequence can start with leading zeros. The sequence can only be numeric. i.e 001234

If I use a numeric field to satisfy the second requirement, the numeric field strips out the leading zeros.

If I use a text field, then I can't control the user inputting alpha chars as well as numerics.

Any ideas ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi pauls0003 ,

If you have a requirement to allow the user to enter a string of specific length with only numeric characters, you can try using the regex plugin function. See the below example will allow only numeric chars of length 10

a!textField(

label: "My number",

value: local!myNumber,

saveInto:  local!myNumber,

validations: {

if(regexmatch("^[0-9]*$",local!myNumber), null,"Accepts only Numeric string"),

if(len(local!myNumber)<=10, null, "Accepts 10 or less than 10 characters")

}

)

• Hi pauls0003 ,

If you have a requirement to allow the user to enter a string of specific length with only numeric characters, you can try using the regex plugin function. See the below example will allow only numeric chars of length 10

a!textField(

label: "My number",

value: local!myNumber,

saveInto:  local!myNumber,

validations: {

if(regexmatch("^[0-9]*$",local!myNumber), null,"Accepts only Numeric string"),

if(len(local!myNumber)<=10, null, "Accepts 10 or less than 10 characters")

}

)

Children