send assignment to several user in group

how do to send assignment to some users in a group following several criteria?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Zaina, a little bit more information about the requirements could help in suggesting a good solution. As everyone has mentioned, there are different approaches that can be taken depending on the particular requirements.
    For example let say there are 20 users in a group. So if the task is being sent to 10 of those users, will those 10 users always receive the task based on "several criteria". Or will the users that are receiving the task will vary based on if they meet those criteria.

If it's the former, then you just add those users in a group and assign the task to them.

If it's the latter, you could take the approach to create a specific group let's call it Temp for argument's sake that you would have to manipulate with the " Add Group Members" and "Remove "Group Members Node". When the process has started you would take the original group that has all 20 users and take the members for that group that meet the criteria and add them to Temp, then assign the task to them based on the requirements, using MNI if each person needs to complete the task separately

I am suggesting this approach because it's not best practice to assign the group directly to a user. I don't know if anyone else has any suggestion for improvement
  • Hi Zaina, a little bit more information about the requirements could help in suggesting a good solution. As everyone has mentioned, there are different approaches that can be taken depending on the particular requirements.
    For example let say there are 20 users in a group. So if the task is being sent to 10 of those users, will those 10 users always receive the task based on "several criteria". Or will the users that are receiving the task will vary based on if they meet those criteria.

If it's the former, then you just add those users in a group and assign the task to them.

If it's the latter, you could take the approach to create a specific group let's call it Temp for argument's sake that you would have to manipulate with the " Add Group Members" and "Remove "Group Members Node". When the process has started you would take the original group that has all 20 users and take the members for that group that meet the criteria and add them to Temp, then assign the task to them based on the requirements, using MNI if each person needs to complete the task separately

I am suggesting this approach because it's not best practice to assign the group directly to a user. I don't know if anyone else has any suggestion for improvement
Children
No Data