How to identify process models which has depreciated plug-ins in use

We have used plug-ins in process model (both Appian and custom developed plug-ins), now couple of plug-ins are depreciated. Now, we have a challenge to identify which process models has depreciated plug-ins. Is there any Appian functions OR mechanism to identify which process models has depreciated plug-ins.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The way I've always done this is by creating an application or a patch containing all the processes I wish to inspect.

The export zip contains a folder called "processModel"

If you know one model that contains the deprecated smart service, you can export the model on its own to find the plugin's signature in the XML file that represents that process.
    For example :

That indicates that the send file over SFTP smart service (NOT ACTUALLY DEPRECATED, just an example) is in this process model.

Once you know what you are looking for, you can export several process models and use your favorite text editor to perform "find in files" search.  You should then be able to quickly find all the processes.

The friendly name of the process can be found in the "process-name" tag as shown here:

This process has the (lazy) name "process with a plugin node"

This is not terribly elegant, I know. But, it gets the job done.

• The way I've always done this is by creating an application or a patch containing all the processes I wish to inspect.

The export zip contains a folder called "processModel"

If you know one model that contains the deprecated smart service, you can export the model on its own to find the plugin's signature in the XML file that represents that process.
    For example :

That indicates that the send file over SFTP smart service (NOT ACTUALLY DEPRECATED, just an example) is in this process model.

Once you know what you are looking for, you can export several process models and use your favorite text editor to perform "find in files" search.  You should then be able to quickly find all the processes.

The friendly name of the process can be found in the "process-name" tag as shown here:

This process has the (lazy) name "process with a plugin node"

This is not terribly elegant, I know. But, it gets the job done.

Children