Embedded Interface Access-Control-Allow-Origin

I'm trying to load an appian report through embedded interface. I have added my IP address to the CORS  settings as well.

This is the piece of code which am trying to execute and throws me error in both IE and chrome as mentioned below. has anyone faced the same issue?

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8">
<!-- This script loads the Appian Web components; change it to your Appian server's domain -->
<script src="https://******.appiancloud.com/suite/tempo/ui/sail-client/embeddedBootstrap.nocache.js" id="appianEmbedded"></script>
</head>
<body>
<!-- This custom HTML element specifies an Appian report to embed on the HTML page -->
<appian-report reportUrlStub="****"></appian-report>
</body>
</html>

CHROME

1 Failed to load https://******.appiancloud.com/suite/cors/ping?cv=2: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 401.

IE Console

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property 'getItem' of undefined or null reference

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The error you get is due to the CORS standard, which sets some restrictions on how JavaScript can perform ajax requests.

The CORS standard is a client-side standard, implemented in the browser. So it is the browser which prevent the call from completing and generates the error message - not the server.

Postman does not implement the CORS restrictions, which is why you don't see the same error when making the same call from Postman.

Why doesn't Postman implement CORS? CORS defines the restrictions relative to the origin (URL domain) of the page which initiates the request. But in Postman the requests doesn't originate from a page with an URL so CORS does not apply.

• The error you get is due to the CORS standard, which sets some restrictions on how JavaScript can perform ajax requests.

The CORS standard is a client-side standard, implemented in the browser. So it is the browser which prevent the call from completing and generates the error message - not the server.

Postman does not implement the CORS restrictions, which is why you don't see the same error when making the same call from Postman.

Why doesn't Postman implement CORS? CORS defines the restrictions relative to the origin (URL domain) of the page which initiates the request. But in Postman the requests doesn't originate from a page with an URL so CORS does not apply.

Children
No Data