Is there any way to find hidden tabs in an excel template ?

Friends,

Is there any way to identify hidden tabs in an excel template ? Also how to get the tab number of the particular hidden tab ?

Basically I want to check if there is any hidden tab while using "Export to Excel" smart services and change the "Sheet Number" values accordingly.

Thanks,

Sunil

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello,

If you open the Excel template, you can right click on any sheet name at the bottom and click "unhide". If you need to check for hidden sheets programatically through Appian, the only way I know of to do that would be to create a custom plug-in and install it on your Appian instance. Utilizing the Apache POI library, it would be very easy to detect hidden sheets from within a plug-in. You can also use the readexcelsheet function of the Excel Tools Shared Component to determine the total number of sheets, but that won't tell you if any are hidden.

Thanks,
    Nino
  • Hello,

If you open the Excel template, you can right click on any sheet name at the bottom and click "unhide". If you need to check for hidden sheets programatically through Appian, the only way I know of to do that would be to create a custom plug-in and install it on your Appian instance. Utilizing the Apache POI library, it would be very easy to detect hidden sheets from within a plug-in. You can also use the readexcelsheet function of the Excel Tools Shared Component to determine the total number of sheets, but that won't tell you if any are hidden.

Thanks,
    Nino
Children
No Data