team sprint velocity

how can we determine team's sprint velocity?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • There are multiple ways to determine this. I will give you what we have done in past. We followed SAFe Agile and it recommends us to have a base line story which needs 1 day of dev/ test effort as 1 point story (This can change based on your skill set and knowledge you have on Appian and the application you are planning to do). Since we have 10 working days for sprint, We used to take 8 points of work for each developer/tester in our team. We used to groming a week in advance so we never counted points for BA. As i said this is one way. It always depends on team composition and complexity of things you ae doing.we used to keep points for uncertainity of stories too.
  • There are multiple ways to determine this. I will give you what we have done in past. We followed SAFe Agile and it recommends us to have a base line story which needs 1 day of dev/ test effort as 1 point story (This can change based on your skill set and knowledge you have on Appian and the application you are planning to do). Since we have 10 working days for sprint, We used to take 8 points of work for each developer/tester in our team. We used to groming a week in advance so we never counted points for BA. As i said this is one way. It always depends on team composition and complexity of things you ae doing.we used to keep points for uncertainity of stories too.
Children
No Data