Force Import of objects

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I need to re-import a folder, with security setting changed. When I inspect the same in the target environment, the message says the import will be skipped as both objects are same.  I believe this is a bug (17.4).

Is there a way I can force the import into the target environment?

Appreciate a quick reply.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Agreed with  you need to update the description, to make sure that current export contents has something changed/updated than the target environment and hence importing this package to update the Objects in target environment will take place.

I can understand, when we change the security of an Object, means it's obvious that the some change has occurred but still, as there are no changes in it's content, Appian will simply skip those objects during import.

However, out of interest, did you try importing the Object after changing the security even when it says 'import will be skipped', are you able to find the security updated in target environment or not.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Agreed with  you need to update the description, to make sure that current export contents has something changed/updated than the target environment and hence importing this package to update the Objects in target environment will take place.

I can understand, when we change the security of an Object, means it's obvious that the some change has occurred but still, as there are no changes in it's content, Appian will simply skip those objects during import.

However, out of interest, did you try importing the Object after changing the security even when it says 'import will be skipped', are you able to find the security updated in target environment or not.

Children
No Data