Force Import of objects

Certified Associate Developer

Hello All,

I need to re-import a folder, with security setting changed. When I inspect the same in the target environment, the message says the import will be skipped as both objects are same.  I believe this is a bug (17.4).

Is there a way I can force the import into the target environment?

Appreciate a quick reply.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hello maheshp460,

A folder can be a Rule Folder, Process Model Folder or Document Folder. If you want to import the Rule Folder and Process Model Folder, the method of changing the description and importing will work. But if you want to import a document folder, changing the description will not help.

What we can do is just change the name in the source environment and import in the target environment. If you want to have the same old name, you can again change the name in the source environment and import again in the target environment.

Hope this helps!

• Hello maheshp460,

A folder can be a Rule Folder, Process Model Folder or Document Folder. If you want to import the Rule Folder and Process Model Folder, the method of changing the description and importing will work. But if you want to import a document folder, changing the description will not help.

What we can do is just change the name in the source environment and import in the target environment. If you want to have the same old name, you can again change the name in the source environment and import again in the target environment.

Hope this helps!

Children
No Data