correct syntax saving to a multivalue CDT

I know this is due to not enough coffee, but here goes.

I've a simple interface A. I have a CDT defined as an Array type. At runtime, the CDT is populated with data. (cdt[1]).

On click of a button, i wish to save a new set of values to cdt[2] or 3 or whatever.

I tried using

saveInto{ target cdt, value@ append(cdt, cdt.field1) but no luck.

What am I missing chaps ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Essentially create a new singular value of the CDT type using type constructor and input new values in type constructor, then use either append() function or updateArray() function to stick it onto the end of the array of CDT or update one of the existing values, respectively.

I think other answers have spelled out in detail how to use type constructor. For a simple enough CDT, I suppose dot notation could work, but it can grow impressively complicated rather swiftly. Type constructor method remains about equally convoluted regardless of size.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Essentially create a new singular value of the CDT type using type constructor and input new values in type constructor, then use either append() function or updateArray() function to stick it onto the end of the array of CDT or update one of the existing values, respectively.

I think other answers have spelled out in detail how to use type constructor. For a simple enough CDT, I suppose dot notation could work, but it can grow impressively complicated rather swiftly. Type constructor method remains about equally convoluted regardless of size.
Children
No Data