What are the possible reasons , in a gridField, the sorting doesn't work one environment to another environment

HI,

In Grid field, the sorting is working in development environment and same code deployed into the another environment  it is not working .

Can you please provide the reasons why sorting is behaving like this.

Thanks,

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rameshm468

Hi  as per my understanding, when you receive the data from an external system to represent it on UI, then there are two factors which needs to be considered if these kind of situation arises:

1. Is your target environment has the same code & configurations as your Dev/lower environment?

2. I believe you must have separate API for Dev as well as for the other higher environments, if so, i would recommend you to verify these API's in higher environment, whether it's properly functioning or not.

As a conclusion, if your Appian Object and the target API is configured into higher environment similar as the lower environment, then should be able to find the similarity in your functionality as well.

However out of interest, are you consuming an API which is exposed outside of Appian System or within the same Appian System?

Hope this will help you in finding the root cause for this inconsistent behavior.

Children