How best to query

I have a table in a database that stores a number of widgets, or combination of widgets in a single column. The data in the column is comma seperated so will either contain a single widget or multiples. i.e
widget
widget1,widget2,widget3

In my Appian interface I can add widgets and write them to the db, in any combination. ie. 
widget3,widget1,wiget4.

I'd like to do a query where I return the rows where my widgets match.

The problem is if I use equals and my current case has for example widget1,widget3,widget5

then I will only get rows returned that have widget1,widget3,widget5

rows that have widget3,widge1,widget5 wont get matched. I tired includes and again it only gives me the exact match.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,
    Can you try using find for each of the widget. Get a row say widget3,widge1,widget5 strip it using comma. now lets say you are comparing to widget1,widget3,widget5. first check find("widget3","widget1,widget3,widget5") if this is not zero, check for widget1, do the same for next widgets. if the find is never 0 then they are equal. You can ssave the stripped values in array and loop through them. Create a rule with this functionality for reusability.
    Thanks,
    Yeswanth.
  • Hi,
    Can you try using find for each of the widget. Get a row say widget3,widge1,widget5 strip it using comma. now lets say you are comparing to widget1,widget3,widget5. first check find("widget3","widget1,widget3,widget5") if this is not zero, check for widget1, do the same for next widgets. if the find is never 0 then they are equal. You can ssave the stripped values in array and loop through them. Create a rule with this functionality for reusability.
    Thanks,
    Yeswanth.
Children
No Data