How best to query

I have a table in a database that stores a number of widgets, or combination of widgets in a single column. The data in the column is comma seperated so will either contain a single widget or multiples. i.e
widget
widget1,widget2,widget3

In my Appian interface I can add widgets and write them to the db, in any combination. ie. 
widget3,widget1,wiget4.

I'd like to do a query where I return the rows where my widgets match.

The problem is if I use equals and my current case has for example widget1,widget3,widget5

then I will only get rows returned that have widget1,widget3,widget5

rows that have widget3,widge1,widget5 wont get matched. I tired includes and again it only gives me the exact match.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Pauls,

We have limited operators in Query Entity.

Two approaches that you can try here is as below,

1. You can write a store procedure using sql/MySql function toachieve this, write SQL query which return result where row match your input as substring.
    2. Or else other way is, you can fetch all data in Appian and than using appian function you can find index of row where your search value match as substring, once you have index, you can use index() function and use its output in other variable.

I would suggests to go with first one.

Hope this help you.

• Hi Pauls,

We have limited operators in Query Entity.

Two approaches that you can try here is as below,

1. You can write a store procedure using sql/MySql function toachieve this, write SQL query which return result where row match your input as substring.
    2. Or else other way is, you can fetch all data in Appian and than using appian function you can find index of row where your search value match as substring, once you have index, you can use index() function and use its output in other variable.

I would suggests to go with first one.

Hope this help you.

Children
No Data