How best to query

I have a table in a database that stores a number of widgets, or combination of widgets in a single column. The data in the column is comma seperated so will either contain a single widget or multiples. i.e
widget
widget1,widget2,widget3

In my Appian interface I can add widgets and write them to the db, in any combination. ie. 
widget3,widget1,wiget4.

I'd like to do a query where I return the rows where my widgets match.

The problem is if I use equals and my current case has for example widget1,widget3,widget5

then I will only get rows returned that have widget1,widget3,widget5

rows that have widget3,widge1,widget5 wont get matched. I tired includes and again it only gives me the exact match.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    My approach would be similar to Rahul's code above, though I think certain things would need to be tweaked from that.
    Mainly, the operator would need to be "AND", not "OR" -- since "OR" would find every result with either "Widget1" or "Widget3" in it, whereas using AND would return only those results matching all widget names passed in.

As far as I know the only corner case this might fail on is when widget names are duplicated in the text list in a given row, i.e. "widget3,widget1,widget3,widget5". If you don't care about this sort of result also being included, then you should be good to go.
    Certified Lead Developer
    My approach would be similar to Rahul's code above, though I think certain things would need to be tweaked from that.
    Mainly, the operator would need to be "AND", not "OR" -- since "OR" would find every result with either "Widget1" or "Widget3" in it, whereas using AND would return only those results matching all widget names passed in.

As far as I know the only corner case this might fail on is when widget names are duplicated in the text list in a given row, i.e. "widget3,widget1,widget3,widget5". If you don't care about this sort of result also being included, then you should be good to go.
Children
No Data