How best to query

I have a table in a database that stores a number of widgets, or combination of widgets in a single column. The data in the column is comma seperated so will either contain a single widget or multiples. i.e
widget
widget1,widget2,widget3

In my Appian interface I can add widgets and write them to the db, in any combination. ie. 
widget3,widget1,wiget4.

I'd like to do a query where I return the rows where my widgets match.

The problem is if I use equals and my current case has for example widget1,widget3,widget5

then I will only get rows returned that have widget1,widget3,widget5

rows that have widget3,widge1,widget5 wont get matched. I tired includes and again it only gives me the exact match.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    You honestly might want to look into a stored procedure to get that info. Otherwise you either need to input a rule that returns all permutations of a list of widgets, which would be a mountain of overhead; or pull the entire dataset in another rule that can find all permutations of outputs contained therein, which is another mountain of overhead.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Dave Lewis

I'm not so sure about that - logically a queryLogicalExpression with the "AND" operator, searching via "includes" on each subcomponent, satisfies OP's use case as long as they don't overly care about cases where there might be duplicates in the list, and can filter out results containing unwanted entries after the query result is brrought back into Appian.

Reply Children
No Data