Execute FitNesse scripts for the same browser window

Hi all, I have a question with regards to executing FitNesse scripts individually but in the same browser window instead of opening a new window for each script.

For example, I am not sure how to do the following:

- run SCRIPT_1: Sign the user into Tempo and navigate to Tasks

- run SCRIPT_2: Complete a specified task in the task list (when running SCRIPT_2, a new Chrome window opens instead of using the existing Chrome window which already has context)

I am able to do all of this in a single script, but what if I wanted to split them up, say for example I want to execute other scripts for that same user and browser window context, without having to sign in again and go to where the script was in a process before running SCRIPT_2?

I'm new to using FitNesse with Appian, so any advice, tips, or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Morné

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Morné.

In order to do that with Fitnesse you must write all functionalities in the same script. Following the example that you used would be:
    - run SCRIPT_1: Sign the user into Tempo and navigate to Tasks AND Complete a specified task in the task list.

That's because every time that you use |setup with| BROWSER_NAME|browser| a new browser driver is instantiated, so, a new window it is opened.

Another option for you, would be closing the browser window once the script has finished, so, before another browser instance starts, the previous is closed.

I hope it helped you :)
  • Hi Morné.

In order to do that with Fitnesse you must write all functionalities in the same script. Following the example that you used would be:
    - run SCRIPT_1: Sign the user into Tempo and navigate to Tasks AND Complete a specified task in the task list.

That's because every time that you use |setup with| BROWSER_NAME|browser| a new browser driver is instantiated, so, a new window it is opened.

Another option for you, would be closing the browser window once the script has finished, so, before another browser instance starts, the previous is closed.

I hope it helped you :)
Children
No Data