Opening reports in a new tab.

I have a requirement to create a Bar chart report and when a particular chart is clicked then open in a grid and open that grid in a new tab.

I am having problems opening the report in a newtab .

Any solutions?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,

I have a workaround for this, Please follow the steps below and you should be able to open report in new tab

1. Save your environment URL in constant and make it environment specific so that when you deploy it to higher env you can update constant with new URL

2.  Open the report you are trying to open in new tab and save the last part of URI to constant. Look at the below image for reference, Link highlighted with yellow is the part you need to store in constant, this part will be same for report in all the environments

3. Use the below code to generate safelink with report and use it in the chart to open in new tab

a!safeLink(
    label : "Test",
    uri: cons!AF_TEXT_SITE_URL &"tempo/reports/view/"&cons!your_report_uri
    )

• Hi,

I have a workaround for this, Please follow the steps below and you should be able to open report in new tab

1. Save your environment URL in constant and make it environment specific so that when you deploy it to higher env you can update constant with new URL

2.  Open the report you are trying to open in new tab and save the last part of URI to constant. Look at the below image for reference, Link highlighted with yellow is the part you need to store in constant, this part will be same for report in all the environments

3. Use the below code to generate safelink with report and use it in the chart to open in new tab

a!safeLink(
    label : "Test",
    uri: cons!AF_TEXT_SITE_URL &"tempo/reports/view/"&cons!your_report_uri
    )

Children