CDT(Custom data type), purpose of CDT and were should we use CDT?

Hi,

Could any of you explain me what is CDT, why do we use CDT and when can we use it?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,

what i'm going present is a basic view of CDT.
    CDT's are simply Complex/Custom Data Types , well we design them dependents on the requirements we have, suppose Integer, Float, Double, Char, etc etc are the Primitive data Types, which we create variables on them and may be assign, declare or initialize the values( can also read externally )..

Likewise! CDT's use these Primitives to create a Custom CDT, we can load a CDT already existed into new CDT and use it for the another purpose..

Example: :Lets assume 1, End User(Business User) signing Up for Gmail ,

Steps:
    1) Login Page will have some user details like First Name, Last Name, User Id, Password, Re-Type Password, phone number, etc etc.

Now CDT will help us to create all the fields under on name.
    2) Some one came and left us a new requirement to create a login page for Facebook,
    now we can re use the CDT we created , as Gmail and Facebook will/might have similar fields , not might be exactly the same ..
    if Gmail & FB has 10 fields in common , we can make this as CDT, for the rest of the fields you can keep adding them..

I hope this might give you an overview of What a CDT is.

people Allowed to correct me if am wrong.
    Thanks
    JB
  • Hi,

what i'm going present is a basic view of CDT.
    CDT's are simply Complex/Custom Data Types , well we design them dependents on the requirements we have, suppose Integer, Float, Double, Char, etc etc are the Primitive data Types, which we create variables on them and may be assign, declare or initialize the values( can also read externally )..

Likewise! CDT's use these Primitives to create a Custom CDT, we can load a CDT already existed into new CDT and use it for the another purpose..

Example: :Lets assume 1, End User(Business User) signing Up for Gmail ,

Steps:
    1) Login Page will have some user details like First Name, Last Name, User Id, Password, Re-Type Password, phone number, etc etc.

Now CDT will help us to create all the fields under on name.
    2) Some one came and left us a new requirement to create a login page for Facebook,
    now we can re use the CDT we created , as Gmail and Facebook will/might have similar fields , not might be exactly the same ..
    if Gmail & FB has 10 fields in common , we can make this as CDT, for the rest of the fields you can keep adding them..

I hope this might give you an overview of What a CDT is.

people Allowed to correct me if am wrong.
    Thanks
    JB
Children
No Data