Intimating user when the "Parse Excel to CDT" smart service fails

Certified Lead Developer

Hi,

I have a requirement in which user uploads an excel file , the file gets parsed to CDT using "Parse Excel to CDT" smart service.User leaves the start form after uploading the excel file.

By any chance if the smart service fails with a red cross ,the user is not intimated that the node is failed.Any suggestions?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • As per your requirement, I'd suggest to design a branched process model using AND gate and create parallel flows for your process model.

On one path you can use Parse Excel to CDT node and on another parallel path you can add a timer event (having some pre configured time limit) and an Email node which can send an error email to particular user or developer (whoever supposed to receive error mail) .

The AND gate will activate both divergent flows of the process model and if there would be any error in Parse Excel to Cdt node then process instance won't stuck completely and will wait till timer event completes and the email will be triggered.

You can refer the below process model screenshot for designing your process model

Do not forget to add terminate event at End node because terminate event will stop all active nodes when the process completes.

• As per your requirement, I'd suggest to design a branched process model using AND gate and create parallel flows for your process model.

On one path you can use Parse Excel to CDT node and on another parallel path you can add a timer event (having some pre configured time limit) and an Email node which can send an error email to particular user or developer (whoever supposed to receive error mail) .

The AND gate will activate both divergent flows of the process model and if there would be any error in Parse Excel to Cdt node then process instance won't stuck completely and will wait till timer event completes and the email will be triggered.

You can refer the below process model screenshot for designing your process model

Do not forget to add terminate event at End node because terminate event will stop all active nodes when the process completes.

Children