How user can see other user's tasks?

Hello!

We need to have a user overseeing a number of other processes and periodically change them in bulk. It is done via process/task report and works fine. But to list them each of the processes have to have a user node assigned to a group that includes this user.

Can it be done in a way that user don't see these tasks in his Tasks tab can can see them in the task report?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi sergeiz ,

Can it be done in a way that user don't see these tasks in his Tasks tab can can see them in the task report?

The answer is Yes, it is possible for an user to see all active tasks present in the current environment in the task report but those tasks will not be visible in his/her TASKS tab.

How this can be achieved?

• Create a Task report by choosing Context type as "Tasks by process model"
    • In Report context, include all the process models which have user input tasks
    • Select "No" in "Include data from sub-processes" radio button
    • Add that user in report's security
    • Save the report

Now in this task report, that user can see all active tasks present in the system but he/she can't see them in Tasks tab.

Important Note:  In future, if any new process models with user input tasks are created, then they must be included in this process report's "Report Context".

Hope I have answered your question.

• Our report was created with "No" as "Include data from sub-processes" and is used with a!queryProcessAnalytics() function. But the result is the same. If user a member of a group he/she sees in both report and Tasks tab. If not a member than no see.
  • Exactly! User can see all active tasks in the task report if it is built in such a way I specified above.  But in Tasks tab, he can see the tasks which are assigned to him or assigned to all his groups.

• It doesn't work. If I remove user from the group he cannot see tasks in the report.
  • Did you add that user in the task report security?

Can you please share the code of queryProcessAnalytics?

• Hey 

I can achieve your requirement.  I am including all possible steps which may help you.

1. Create the process report of Report Type as Task and Context Type as Tasks by process model  and let us name it as All Active Tasks Process Report
    2. Open that process report -> Click Edit -> In general Tab -> In Report Context pick all process models which have User input tasks.  Then Select No for Include data from sub-processes.
    3. Then Click Filters Tab -> Select Active Checkbox then click on Save.  Now we are done with Process report configuration.
    4. From Appian designer view, go to security of All Active Tasks Process Report and add the user(who needs to see all active tasks present in the system and assume the userName as departmentManager) and give viewer/admin access
    5. Create a document constant for this process report (let us name it as cons!ALL_ACTIVE_TASKS_PROCESS_REPORT)
    6. Create an interface and query that process report by using queryProcessAnalytics().  Please refer sample code which will retrieve all tasks from process report irrespective of any condition.  Let's name this interface as UI_AllActiveTasksDashBoard

Configuration of UI_AllActiveTasksDashBoard Interface:  

load(
    local!allTasksReportData : a!queryProcessAnalytics(
    report : cons!ALL_ACTIVE_TASKS_PROCESS_REPORT,
    contextprocessModels : rule!allContextProcessModelsExpressionRule, /*allContextProcessModelsExpressionRule should contain all process models which you have included in "Report Context" of the process report*/
    query : a!query(
    pagingInfo: a!pagingInfo(1,- 1)   /*No filters applied so it will query all the tasks from that process report.*/
    )),
    a!dashboardLayout(
    contents: {
    a!gridField(
    ----- Display the local!allTasksReportData -----
    )
    }))

6. Go to your application Package -> New -> Select Report object -> Name it as All Tasks Report  then Select UI_AllActiveTasksDashBoard in the Interface field and Check                     the Save as Task Report checkbox -> Click Create 

7. Now the task report All Tasks Report will be visible under Tasks Tab which renders all active tasks present in the system irrespective of loggedInUser is a member of specific groups.  At the same time, if departmentManager clicks on Tasks tab, then he sees the tasks only which are assigned to him or his groups.  You don't even need to create any new site for achieving this functionality.

Please try this and let me know.  This is working perfectly for me. If this solution didn't work for you still, please share the details of how you configured the process report as well as task report and Appian Version you using.

Thanks!

Yogesh.

• Thanks Yogesh!

I had similar objects that didn't show the tasks in the task report. The key point was security. The group should have "Manager" access to the process model which tasks I want to see. I changed that and now it works fine.
Reply Children
No Data