Migrating documents from Appian to external systems

Hi all,

We have a requirement to move documents to a shared drive from Appian where they are picked by another service and uploads them to a document management system.

Can I upload a document to an external system without the document being stored into Appian KC?

If we have to move the document in Appian, the KC physically points to a drive on the Appian system i.e., accDocs1, accDocs2, accDocs3 to a shared drive? Is this correct?

I need a few suggestions here on what is the best approach that can be followed?

Appreciate your inputs!!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi As per my understanding, you cannot upload a document to an external system without the document being stored into Appian KC.

However we can have some work-around like, Upload the Document into the KC and then upload this document from KC to the external system by the help of process, upon success delete this document from KC else retry for some certain number of times, if at all it's getting failed then Delete the document from KC and send the failure email to the Initiator and terminate the process.

Hope this will help you.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi As per my understanding, you cannot upload a document to an external system without the document being stored into Appian KC.

However we can have some work-around like, Upload the Document into the KC and then upload this document from KC to the external system by the help of process, upon success delete this document from KC else retry for some certain number of times, if at all it's getting failed then Delete the document from KC and send the failure email to the Initiator and terminate the process.

Hope this will help you.
Children
No Data