How to do performance improvement in an existing code

Hi Team,

I need to tune the performance of an existing interface which has around 2 k lines of code.

The performance lags during the stages of ,

1) Page Load - Taking more time with "Working..." message. 

2) Drop Down Selection - Taking more time to display, when we select any drop down boxes., with "Working..." message.

I have checked the DB objects and all looks good from the DB tuning perspective.

What would be your approaches for performance tuning ? Please help me with some tips.

Below is a sample template for which am looking for a performance improvement.

Sample Code Structure:

= load (
local!a: rule!a(cons!a),
local!b: rule!a(cons!b),
local!c: rule!a(cons!c),
local!d: rule!a(cons!d),
local!e: rule!a(cons!e),
local!f: rule!a(cons!f),
local!g: rule!a(cons!g),
local!h: rule!a(cons!h),
local!i: rule!a(cons!i),
local!j,
local!k,

a!formLayout(
contents:{
rule!abcd(
),
with (

/* Dynamic Section Layouts based on conditions */
),
with (

/* Multiple Section Layout based on conditions */
),
a!buttonLayout(
)
}
)

)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • One of the things we've learnt (the hard way) is to only get the data you need to support the display of on screen sections, ie if you have other data being brought back just in case someone clicks a button, or expands something, then its best practice to only get that data on click ... that might help improve screen load times etc.

However, as the other practitioners have said, the Appian Playbook is a great place to start.

Cheers
    Paul
  • One of the things we've learnt (the hard way) is to only get the data you need to support the display of on screen sections, ie if you have other data being brought back just in case someone clicks a button, or expands something, then its best practice to only get that data on click ... that might help improve screen load times etc.

However, as the other practitioners have said, the Appian Playbook is a great place to start.

Cheers
    Paul
Children
No Data