Modify Group Membership Rules

I'm implementing a SAML solution in which users from many different (not known) domains could request and be granted access to an Appian solution.
The user receives an invitation to register with the AD - sent via an Appian integration. Our SAML config will create the user on access. Given we use a mix of Appian accounts and these SAML account,s we have an SAML authentication group created. 
My question is .. How do I add the users to the group ? The invite to join is sent via the AD, and so the account in Appian is only created on that initial login. If I create a membership rule of All users from domain X it will work, until a user from domain Y logs in. 

Is there a way to dynamically add or modify membership rules ? 

I did think about sending the invite out and then doing a create user in Appian - as I can then use the add to group smart service, but the issue there is that the create user will send an email out to the user with an Appian password along with the invite to join the AD mail, and that will just confuse matters.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I haven't verified in awhile, but if I'm not mistaken, users created by SAML on first login are automatically added to the authentication group. Would that be sufficient for your use case?

Otherwise, I'm not aware of anyway to dynamically modify group rules except potentially through coding against the API.

For your last point, take a look at the Personalization Utilities shared component. It has an alternate Create User smart service that allows you to supply a "password" (that would never be used for SAML users) - since the password is supplied, no email would go out.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I haven't verified in awhile, but if I'm not mistaken, users created by SAML on first login are automatically added to the authentication group. Would that be sufficient for your use case?

Otherwise, I'm not aware of anyway to dynamically modify group rules except potentially through coding against the API.

For your last point, take a look at the Personalization Utilities shared component. It has an alternate Create User smart service that allows you to supply a "password" (that would never be used for SAML users) - since the password is supplied, no email would go out.
Children
No Data