New tab while sending email notification.

Hi,

I have the requirement to send an email on click of richDisplayIcon. On click of the icon, I have the new process starting which sends email notification.

Issue here is on click of icon, a new tab is opened which says that "the task has been completed". I donot want new tab to open for the users.

Please suggest if there is any workaround for this.

Thanks,

Saicharan

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    We might need to know more about your specific setup so far.
    Is the form you're using already part of a process? When you say "I have the new process starting", do you mean that the rich text icon is being used with a!startProcessLink(), or something else? If the original form is already in a process, have you considered making the email icon a submit link? Or perhaps using a!startProcess() which should initialize an asynchronous process call and not cause the user to see an extra form?
    Let me know if any of my guesses are close - otherwise we need as much more detail as you can provide. But as always my first and foremost advice is to just play around with the different options available to you and see what different things do.
    Certified Lead Developer
    We might need to know more about your specific setup so far.
    Is the form you're using already part of a process? When you say "I have the new process starting", do you mean that the rich text icon is being used with a!startProcessLink(), or something else? If the original form is already in a process, have you considered making the email icon a submit link? Or perhaps using a!startProcess() which should initialize an asynchronous process call and not cause the user to see an extra form?
    Let me know if any of my guesses are close - otherwise we need as much more detail as you can provide. But as always my first and foremost advice is to just play around with the different options available to you and see what different things do.
Children