How to Redirect user from related action to record dashboard on exception/timeout

We provided a timeout on the user input task for the related action, and once it's happen it triggers the exception and reaches the end event. Even after it reaches the end event, the related action interface is still open but when we try to take any action it says task is submitted, But we want to redirect the related action interface to the record dashboard on timeout. 

Can anyone please suggest me on this.

Thanks in advance

Sindhu

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    There's no way to "auto submit" a form unfortunately, so you'll have to account for this in your form design. There are 2 approaches I usually choose between, and you can decide which is best for your situation:

1) set a long timeout timer - long enough that the user is unlikely to still be on the form anyway when it fires. I have an expression rule that generates a timestamp of after midnight the following night, which I personally prefer using for these timer values.

2) use a short timer and remove any way for the user to actually submit the form - instead you would direct them to manually navigate back to the record (summary dashboard / etc), using on-screen text.
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response, yeah we needed a short timeout interval of 30 mins, so we might go with option 2 and put a static on-screen text.

Seems like that is the only workaround.

Regards,
    Sindhu