Force log out/ sign out of all users

Certified Lead Developer

Is there a way to kick all users out of the environment?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer
    Hi,

If you are using LDAP or SAML authentication, you can disable the respective authentication in admin console. Users already logged in will be still able to use Appain.
    No new logins can happen.

Appian authenticated users will be still able to login.
    Certified Lead Developer
    It might be possible to grab every user that's a member of your "All Users" group via getDistinctUsers, then a!forEach the list of all your users and a!deactivateUser() all of them. Again no one will be able to log in, but you'll have to wait for everyone else to leave. After you're done with whatever you need to do you can a!reactivate the same list.
    Certified Lead Developer
    This seems like a pretty simple thing to do. When the DB team wants no DB writes because they are doing a back up how do you prevention this?
  • So your problem is prevent the users to login or you want to avoid them writing to the DB?

When deactivating users and activating them back sometimes I have experienced that I needed to re assign them back to the application groups. Unless I am doing something that is causing that issue, i wouldn’t think that as the best option.

I could think that you can do
    Option 1) if nobody writes to any of the systems when wouldn’t it be enough to turn off the server? Is that an option? How much time it takes to make the backup?

Option 2) if you are in the version18.4+ you can block the access to tempo to the users. You can Create 2 groups “All business users blocked” and “all business users” which contains all the business users. (Just include the all users from all the applications)

And you can add to all your sites the security “deny access” to the group “All business users blocked”, in the tempo group you do something similar. So, nobody is member of the group in a normal day. But On “the day” you just add The group “all business users” as member of the group “all business users blocked”

In case you have webapis, wsdls exposed, timers. Escalations, that might be a different story. And reconsider just turning off the server.

Hope this helps
    Jose