Handle 'Write to DSE Smart Service' Error

Hi everyone,

Imagine that in my Process Model I want to write something to the DB, and I use the "Write to DSE Smart Service". But, I can get some errors like when the connection to the DB is down. So, if occurs an error, I want to notify someone. Does anyone how to handle errors like this?

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi -

One way to handle this is to isolate the write to data store node into its own subprocess, and then to leverage process model alert settings to notify the desired user group.

• First, if your write to data store smart service is situated in a process with other functionality, replace that node with sub process node, and move the write into it's own sub process.
    • Then create a group called something like Write to Data Store Alert Notification Recipients.  I would then create a constant for that group.
      • Add the desired users to that group.
    • In the new write to data store sub process, goto File > Properties > Alerts.
    • Select "Use custom error alert settings." and also "Send alerts to the recipients defined by this expression:"
      • set that expression to the constant for the group you created.

Now, if the parent process ever errors for a different reason, the alerts will not necessarily goto the DB error notification recipients.  However, if there's a problem in the write to data store process - the users in that alert notification recipients group will be notified.

• Hi Rob,

Instead of the case that I presented, imagine that the connection to the Database continues to give error, but I want the Exception Flow to go again to the "Write to DSE" node. With this, I will create a cycle that will only end when the record is written to the database. Is this possible?