Is there any way we can download KC's which has more than 20000 objects and size totaling more than 10 GB?

HI,

What are the options to download a KC from an Appian Cloud which is of size greater than 10 GB and has approximately 30000 Folders and Documents in total?

Thanks in Advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    Hi @adithyay Are there any specific reason why you want to download entire KC totaling it's size as 10 GB? Won't there be any privacy concerns if you are planning to download all these documents into your local machine, as this may contain some confidential content.

As per my understanding, yes you should be able to download these files but this may impact your server performance, as you are trying to download huge amount of Data and hence data stream need to keep flowing for long duration, and can possible slow down your server.

One option could be, Let's say you have 10 sub-folders inside a KC or under a root folder, then try downloading one folder at a time, just to make sure that you are not downloading in Multipe of GB's at a time, and perform this job in batch.

As you are already aware, Appian is not a Content Management System, hence if you are not planning to delete these documents in future even after downloading, then i would recommend you to move these Documents to some Content Management Systems (such as Azure, Sharepoint, Alfreso) via batch processing job (i.e do not process all document at a single time), in this way you will have the link of all the documents moved from Appian to external system in order to use them in future and also you will be able to reduce the size of your KC which will definitely improve your server performance as well.

Hope this will help.
  • Thanks for the Response Aloks0001. Yes I understand the privacy concern, but there is a business requirement on the same for downloading the KC.

I tried to download the KC but as the KC has many nested folders, documents in each folder it would be difficult to download those folders manually.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to adithyay
    You will need to write a process which can take a parent KC or document folder, and find and add all children of that folder to one or more ZIP files. I would suggest breaking up the whole KC into its component parts since 10GB would probably be a bit difficult to handle in a single ZIP file.
  • You can download kc's via the Application Designer by simply selecting the download option: docs.appian.com/.../Document_Management.html