Export process history for all the processes of a day

Hi all,

Our customer has the requirement to receive through a Web Service the process history for all the processes that were running on a specific day. They want to analyze with some external Tools who has done every Action.

I believe that the amount of data can be big and a web Service might not be the best solution. Instead storing the info in the database or in a file seems more reasonable.

however, what the customer wants is something Out of the Box. Something like a way to automatically Export the process history through a scheduled process model. Is it possible?

Any other idea?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Do you know what sort of analysis they want to perform or what they are wanting to achieve with the analysis? I think it's often helpful with cases like this to focus on the actual outcome that's desired, and the benefit that outcome will provide, and then take a fresh look at what possible approaches might make sense to achieve the underlying goal.

Also, in terms of the extent of the data you want to gather, it sounds like you're interested in the name of the process or process model, along with the process initiator's name or username. Is that it? Is there anything else you need to export?
  • Well, the requirements are pretty vague but they made clear that they want to see the list of actions that happen within a process exactly like in the process history. They also said that the accessing a table would be ok for them.

I am thinking now on using the processhistory plugin to get the data in a CDT and put the info directly in a table.
Reply Children
No Data