Export process history for all the processes of a day

Hi all,

Our customer has the requirement to receive through a Web Service the process history for all the processes that were running on a specific day. They want to analyze with some external Tools who has done every Action.

I believe that the amount of data can be big and a web Service might not be the best solution. Instead storing the info in the database or in a file seems more reasonable.

however, what the customer wants is something Out of the Box. Something like a way to automatically Export the process history through a scheduled process model. Is it possible?

Any other idea?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, I believe you can achieve this via creating a Process Report and using it in a "Export Process Report To Excel" smart service in a Process Model:

1. Create a Process Report from scratch. Set the Report Type to "Process" and Content Type to "All processes"

2. Open the newly created report in Designer.

3. Configure the filters and mark "Completed" as checked to limit the report to only finished processes.

4. Configure Data as follows and then save the report

• rename Start Time to Start Date, change its definition to "=todate(pp!starttime)", and formatting to "Normal Text". 
    • Add New Data with Display Name "End Date", definition of "=todate(process_completion_time())" and "Normal Text" formatting 

5. Create a process model and configure a "Export Process Report To Excel" smart service to use your newly created process report. In the "Filters" configuration use

='type!{http://www.appian.com/ae/types/2009}QueryFilter'(field:"c3",operator:"=",value:today())
    Please note the use of "type!" constructor due to a bug in the smart service related to dates. Also, the field "c3" could change depending on how many fields you have added/removed while configuring Data in the Process Report.

Also configure the other parameters such as "New Document Name" and "Save In Folder". 

Save and publish the Process Model and then start it for debugging. Once the process successfully runs, you should have an Excel document in the folder listing the processes. 

• thanks for your answer. Does that provide the process history Information? I am getting the process history by using a plugin.

• This does not provide process history, only the name of the process that ran and the dates. There are other parameters that can be pulled into the report, but nothing like "Process History" from the "Process Details" tab. 

What plugin are you using to retrieve it? I would like to see if it's possible to incorporate that plugin with the PM I've designed above.

• I am using process.history-1.0.0.jar to get the process history. The plugin Returns it in a CDT. It is possible to Combine some values from the Report with values from the CDT. I dont Need the data in a Report, though.

Reply Children
No Data