FItness Script Executing but result showing as 1 ignored.

I ran Fitness script,It is executing(opening the browser,populating the field data ),but result showing as ignored.

Test Pages: 0 right, 0 wrong, 1 ignored, 0 exceptions     Assertions: 0 right, 0 wrong, 0 ignored, 0 exceptions (36.317 seconds)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • .  I figured out why my tests were ignored, and I bet it'll explain your situation as well.

The tests I was running were basically "click here, click there, click this drop down field, click the finish button"
    No where in my tests was there any assertion, verification, or check.  
    And that's the issue.... when my tests would fail, they would show up as failed and red.  When they were not failing, they would show up as ignored, because nothing was saying "you've passed".

See this stack overflow article... particularly the second comment by Fried Hoeben . https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36349810/getting-ignored-after-running-fitnesse-script

So my bandaid is as follows.... (I'm calling it a bandaid because I think the real problem is that these tests might just be missing something fundamental)...

The last thing my test did was click the Finished button... So, just before that instruction, I added  "|verify button |Finished|is present |"

Hope that helps!

• .  I figured out why my tests were ignored, and I bet it'll explain your situation as well.

The tests I was running were basically "click here, click there, click this drop down field, click the finish button"
    No where in my tests was there any assertion, verification, or check.  
    And that's the issue.... when my tests would fail, they would show up as failed and red.  When they were not failing, they would show up as ignored, because nothing was saying "you've passed".

See this stack overflow article... particularly the second comment by Fried Hoeben . https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36349810/getting-ignored-after-running-fitnesse-script

So my bandaid is as follows.... (I'm calling it a bandaid because I think the real problem is that these tests might just be missing something fundamental)...

The last thing my test did was click the Finished button... So, just before that instruction, I added  "|verify button |Finished|is present |"

Hope that helps!

Children
No Data