Displaying Full Name

Hello. I have made a form and can have it send via email to recipients. When I enter the account manager, in the email the name is listed as "john.smith." How can I have the name listed properly ("John Smith")? Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi  as per my understanding, below mentioned code snippet will help you to deal with the following:

• Handling Null values
    • Check whether user exists in the environment or not
    • If all parameter met, retrieve the user full name (First_Name Last_Name)

if(
      and(
        isusernametaken(ri!user),
        not(
          isnull(ri!user)
        )
      ),
      /* Evaluate this only if the username exist in Appian and input is not null */
      concat(
        user(ri!user, "firstName"),
        " ",
        user(ri!user, "lastName")
      ),
      {}
    )

Note: Here ri!user is a rule input of type Text.

How to use this rule & populate the proper name (formatted) into an email.

I believe, you have defined an email Template / Hard coded email body with few dynamic contents including username in your process model. Here, Instead of passing pv!username, you need to replace it with rule!formatUserName(user: pv!username). In this approach your formatted name will be listed in your email instead of the default format.

NOTE: 

• Here pv!username is a process variable of type User / Text and holds the username (can be dynamic) needs to be included in your email dynamically
    • formatUserName is an expression rule we have created with above code snippet

Hope this will help!

Certified Lead Developer

Hi  as per my understanding, below mentioned code snippet will help you to deal with the following:

• Handling Null values
    • Check whether user exists in the environment or not
    • If all parameter met, retrieve the user full name (First_Name Last_Name)

if(
      and(
        isusernametaken(ri!user),
        not(
          isnull(ri!user)
        )
      ),
      /* Evaluate this only if the username exist in Appian and input is not null */
      concat(
        user(ri!user, "firstName"),
        " ",
        user(ri!user, "lastName")
      ),
      {}
    )

Note: Here ri!user is a rule input of type Text.

How to use this rule & populate the proper name (formatted) into an email.

I believe, you have defined an email Template / Hard coded email body with few dynamic contents including username in your process model. Here, Instead of passing pv!username, you need to replace it with rule!formatUserName(user: pv!username). In this approach your formatted name will be listed in your email instead of the default format.

NOTE: 

• Here pv!username is a process variable of type User / Text and holds the username (can be dynamic) needs to be included in your email dynamically
    • formatUserName is an expression rule we have created with above code snippet

Hope this will help!

Children
No Data