Deployment Automation Manager + Jenkins + DDL files issue

I'm trying to create an automated deployment of a hello-world appian application and running into some trouble.

Here is the background:
- I'm using Jenkins as my build server
- My source code is in gitlab.  The repo itself is a lightly modified version of github.com/.../devops-quickstart
- My hello-world application (it was given to me) consists of an aplication .zip export, and a single .sql DDL file
- My jenkins job is configured to use the build's last successful commit hash as the version manager's buildPackage's startHash... and it uses the current commit as the endHash.

Here's whats happening:
- On my local machine, I use the version manager to push the application zip and the single DDL file into the repo
- Jenkins picks up the change
- In my case, this is the first time this build is running (the initial deploy of the application), so there is no last successful git commit hash.. so endHash isn't set
- Jenkins runs buildPackage and creates waht looks correct... a package containig my entire application and the .sql file
- Jenkins runs the import manager against that built package, and succeeds in deploying it to my target appian environment

Here's where the trouble starts:
- I go back to designer and make a minor update.
- I create a patch, and export it.
- I go back to my version-manager.properties, i point applicationPath to my exported patch.zip, and i set uuid to my application's UUID
- I run addContents to add my patch... note:  I'm not specifying any ddlPath, as I'm not wanting to change or update any ddl scripts
- Jenkins builds the package, it looks correct... it seems to match the diff correctly
- Jenkins goes to import the package and fails:
2019-05-20 14:50:25,708 - Status: Failed. Current step: Executing DDL Scripts. Log file URL: http://<myappian>:8080/suite/doc/4315.  Error message: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: <xxx>/appian/tomcat/apache-tomcat/temp/deployment-automation6074984514420595931/ddl_files/<ddl name>.SQL.

I'm not sure what to make of this error, but it seems that the import is expecting a .sql file... however, in my mind, and in the buildPackage output, the diff that we're wanting to import does not contain a DDL change...
So why does it seem to be expecting a sql file?

I think I might be misunderstanding the DDL capabilities of the deployment automation manager...  If anyone can help me understand this error or why it's happening, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data