We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Sketch Files for Appian?

Does anyone know of a resource for Sketch files for Appian?

Even better if it aligns with 19.1, 19.2, releases etc.

I'm looking to speed up the process on the UX conceptual design side of things by letting our designers work outside of Appian, and if we had sketch files ready to go with Appian components that would be awesome.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I honestly think you may want to reconsider that approach.  Appian now features drag-and-drop interface design, dramatically reducing the time it takes to make a functional interface to below the time it would take to even draw the same interface in another tool.

I remember watching a colleague building UX diagrams in Balsamiq and asking, "Why are you doing that?  We could train you how to do the same in Appian, and it would take you less time, and I wouldn't have to copy your work."

When you draw a UX conceptual design in anything but Appian, it takes about the same length of time, or maybe slightly longer, and you have to find a way of duplicating Appian components in that tool, which might be quite a challenge.  And after you're done, an Appian developer is going to take your work, do exactly the same work again in Appian, then throw the picture away.

Say you spent 3 hours drawing an interface.  It now takes your Appian engineer 2 hours to copy your interface.  This is in the ideal situation where you find yourself making something Appian can actually copy and copy easily.  Then he throws your drawing in the trash.  5 hours total work.

OR

Build the UX directly in Appian.  All the components automatically look exactly like Appian components.  Now you spend 2.5 hours (you have to come up with stuff, try things out, etc. so it takes longer than copying) and you have an interactive interface that actually does things on dummy data.  You hand it off to engineer and it already works.  He doesn't copy anything.  He goes straight into making the rules to make it do what it says it does for real.  2.5 hours total work for the same interface.

Appian is now so fast wireframing is worthless; you can build fully functioning mockups in less time than wireframes.

• I dont think you heard why this is needed. Some design needs to happen outside of the system. I am also looking into this too.

Reply Children