User Picker Field to a Text Field

Hi Can We convert an User Picker Field to a text field if the picker field returns no result found?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

What are you trying to accomplish, exactly?

One way I've done something sorta like this in the past, when I need to allow a current user to be picked or a new username to be typed, is to have a radio button underneath the User field with choices like {"Existing User", "New Username"}, with "Existing User" selected by default; and if the radio button is changed to "New Username" for example, the form will hide the user picker and show a text field in its place.  Of course this all depends on your implementation and what exactly you're thinking of trying to do.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

What are you trying to accomplish, exactly?

One way I've done something sorta like this in the past, when I need to allow a current user to be picked or a new username to be typed, is to have a radio button underneath the User field with choices like {"Existing User", "New Username"}, with "Existing User" selected by default; and if the radio button is changed to "New Username" for example, the form will hide the user picker and show a text field in its place.  Of course this all depends on your implementation and what exactly you're thinking of trying to do.

Children