When i am using the logged in user function, it is giving me "administrator

When i am using the logged in user function, it is giving me "administrator" , however i am want the name of the person logged in . Can anybody help me with that ?...

OriginalPostID-92219

OriginalPostID-92219

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Besides emphasizing on the importance of what Jed suggested I'd like to mention that as discussed here forum.appian.com/.../e-83588 it's important that you review the documentation of this function forum.appian.com/.../Scripting_Functions

The loggedinuser() consistently works if you take in consideration the documented behavior:

- If there is no user context, such as when used in an expression in an unattended node, it returns a null value.
    - It is only applicable in situations where there is a user context pre-populated for the activity, such as when executing a Quick Task or a subsequent activity-chained task.

---> As long as you don't un-check the "Refresh default values every time the task form is viewed" checkbox which comes enabled by default for quick tasks.

- In task forms that do not follow an activity-chained flow you need to select the "Refresh default values every time the task form is viewed" checkbox on the Other tab of the activity, otherwise will return "Administrator"

• Besides emphasizing on the importance of what Jed suggested I'd like to mention that as discussed here forum.appian.com/.../e-83588 it's important that you review the documentation of this function forum.appian.com/.../Scripting_Functions

The loggedinuser() consistently works if you take in consideration the documented behavior:

- If there is no user context, such as when used in an expression in an unattended node, it returns a null value.
    - It is only applicable in situations where there is a user context pre-populated for the activity, such as when executing a Quick Task or a subsequent activity-chained task.

---> As long as you don't un-check the "Refresh default values every time the task form is viewed" checkbox which comes enabled by default for quick tasks.

- In task forms that do not follow an activity-chained flow you need to select the "Refresh default values every time the task form is viewed" checkbox on the Other tab of the activity, otherwise will return "Administrator"

Children